Career Pathways Advisory Team
The Career Pathways Advisory Team is organized around career pathways and areas of focus. Advisory teams are made up of people who work in business, industry, professional and technical careers. The mission is to connect the education community with the people who want to share their expertise in a particular area. Advisory teams are a group of interested citizens who advise the school on various phases of a program improvement plan specific to a career-related area.
LSR7 CTE is working on developing partnership teams. These teams will be comprised of community leaders, teachers, administrators, and industry professionals that provide leadership and action to support and enhance the student learning experiences. A strong partnership team has the potential to help support CTE and help build it into an exemplary, sustained program with influence that reaches beyond the bounds of the classroom and into the workforce.
If interested in joining a partnership team please contact Shannan Booth at (816) 986-1074 or email@example.com
Partnership Team Goals
- Develop a partnership team that develops and implements a strategic plan that creates connections to the community, continuous improvement, and student success.
- Develop a partnership team that is driven by our business and industry partners. Our mission is to connect business, industry, and educators to make sure students are receiving the best education possible to compete in a global society.
- Advisory Panels
- Guest Speaking/Mentoring
- Job Shadows
- Intern and Externships
- Industry Council
- Field Trips
- Senior Capstone
- Speaking in the classroom
- Evaluate student projects and presentations
- Teach a lesson
- Attend review sessions
- Provide sponsorship for field trips
- Evaluate equipment and facility needs
- Assist with student recruitment
- Provide internships
- Establish recognition programs for students
- Explore college credit options
- Externships for teachers